Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger

4.0 out of 5 based on 1 ratings.
Genre: Sports, Comedy, Drama, Tournament

recommendations

See more animes like Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger

public discussion

Hajime no Ippo - This is NOT a troubleshooting or technical support forum.
 Pages: 1 2 3 [ 4 ]
Guest
You must create an account or sign in to reply to this thread!
franzoir
Jul 31 2013 10:06 PM
(user posted image)

Hajime No Ippo Third Season Green Lit!

OH SWEET LORD. Thank the heavens.

Late night internet perusing and I uncover this little gem of information. I have been absolutely craving a new sports anime and suddenly the best one (IMO) is returning. It also couldnt be more apt since I have been boxing for about a year now.

I have watched some shounen's in my time but nothing compared to the octane giddy heights Takamura vs Hawk ascended to.

I spot the grim Sawamura in the poster which is another epic fight. Just really cannot wait.

It is scary to think it has been four years since the last series. Wowzers.
JCDRANZER
Dec 11 2011 07:03 AM
I just finished the second season, Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, it was pretty damn EPIC and possibly more than the first season, even though we only got to see Ippo have 2 real matches in the second season.

It was epic but I would have liked them to have kept the background music from the original series in it, some of the tracks from the original where there but 2 of the tracks that I loved the most weren't featured in the new season. I know Kumi wasn't featured much in this series but I still prefer the voice actress for Kumi from the original series and not in New Challenger.

Despite these few gripes, this season was just awesome and worthy of being a masterpiece in its own right. My rating for the 2nd season is 10/10 for its epic-ness in story development and how absolutely hilarious this series continues to be.

I wonder how long we must wait for a 3rd season....its almost 3 years since the 2nd season premiered, 7 years after the original series finished airing.
JCDRANZER
Dec 10 2011 05:33 AM
I just finished re-watched the original series in preparation for the 2nd season that I never got to watch. I still need to watch the OVA and Specials before I move on to the 2nd season though.

Anyways, watching the 1st season was AMAZING.....its a rare masterpiece that you don't see often in anime, its brilliant in every way from animation to music. I particularly love the animation and the sound effects when Ippo does his Dempsey Roll...its so damn cool.

I want to go back and watch the OVA and specials now, so I will keep it short. This series will forever be one of my personal favourites and gets a PERFECT rating of 10/10....100% of EPIC-ness all the way through!!!

EDIT #1:

I finished watching the specials and OVA and just finished watching the first episode of the 2nd season. I am a little disappointed that Kumi-chan's voice actress changed for the new season. However, the 2nd season has started out very solid, hopefully, I can finish this season soon too.
franzoir
Jul 3 2009 06:49 PM
Problem with Ippo is he needs some ambition, people with no ambition are really annoying after a while.

Doesnt really matter how the series ended, i enjoyed every minute of it.

Favourite moment: When Taka grabbed those breasts
Favourite character: Taka because he is downright hilarious
Favourite fight: Goes without saying

I shall wait in anticipation for season two. I feel the challenges facing Ippo next round was nicely set up in ep 26.

Its been a blast
NecroRyu
Jul 3 2009 04:12 PM
too bad in the last two episodes of this season was skipped the story of Gen and Nekota as boxers (chapters 399 to 414!), hopefully they make it a long OVA (like kimura vs. mashiba) as I don't think a movie is possible without Ippo as main character there... the interview with Ippo's next opponent was skipped as well, I'm looking forward to watch it in the first episode of the next HNI New Challenger season
Victory
Jul 3 2009 12:25 PM
Felt like episode 26 was doing too much in too little time. It's like the main point of the series title New Challenger was crammed into the last episode just to make sense of it. I guess it can't be helped given how much airtime was given to Takamura in this season which really was spectacular to watch and experience. Looking forward to the planned continuation of the series, hopefully it does happen. It'll be fantastic!
REYOMA
Jun 22 2009 10:06 AM
This for me is the second best sporty anime ... here comes the champion here comes the champion hahaha this new season is excellent
NecroRyu
Jun 18 2009 10:36 AM
QUOTE (Victory @ Jul 03 2009, 11:25 AM)

remember to watch the first Hajime no Ippo 70+ episodes plus the movie and ova if you haven't watched them yet
damienstryker
Jun 18 2009 09:04 AM
Man... that was an insane battle... I found myself... aruging with myself over whether someone was going to totally go down or if someone was going to die... There was so much going on in this episode that I know for a FACT that I'll be rewatching the entire fight later today in order to understand just what happened.

In other news, a second season to the second season... is a good note to keep in mind. I thought that Ippo was cut short at 26... but considering that there's two eps of fluff after the brew-ha-ha.... There has to be some kinda setup on the way. Didn't think that the VA would be the one spilling the beans though... It must be commonplace now for people involved to break the story over the reporters who dig and crawl for these scoops.

Takamura Vs. Hawk... a great fight for the record books... I cried over how it ended... such a visceral display... I admit to looking away, then cheering, then getting yelled at by my pops for making too loud a noise at midnight when he has work today. Ups... @_@; I loved the battle doesn't even do my emotions towards it any justice. It's a shame that no Ippo episodes make my top ten eps of all time list.... but this last one was definitely an honorable mention. ; ...
ImTakes
Jun 18 2009 05:38 AM
QUOTE (franzoir @ Jun 18 2009, 02:29 AM)
Oh thank the heavens. I have a goofy smile on my face now. Good find. *Thumbs up*

There is a little romance in this for the girls  and maybe even bishieness which we boys dont like    but im sure you girls will aprpreciate. The humour is crass and rude though ( like really boy playground stuff). Like i told Senpai, this didnt become the best anime/sport manga through boxing alone. So consider it.

Well, since you, franzoir-san, and senpai-kun, and my other favorite guy, Vicepuma-san, are fans of this series, I well may go ahead and watch it. I figured there was more to it than just boxing. Bishie huh? Well, I'm sold! I will download the batch, after the next episode airs, and go from there. And if I like it, well, I will join in on the conversation herein, and heck, we can even discuss the possible Season Two round of this popular series! Thanks for the encouraging words, franzoir-san.
Edit: Downloading the first three episodes already, and I am glad a great fansub group is involved. Hooray!
 Pages: 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Add Reply